Sunday 7 July 2013

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

I can't think of a time when my everyday face wash hasn't been soap. Shh, yes I know. But it's so easy and quick and gets rid of everything all in one go. But now my skin is, ahem, slowly aging I've decided it's time to be putting a little more effort into skincare, one step at a time.

Where better to start than this bastion of beauty, Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish hot cloth cleanser? I'm sure I'm the last person on earth to try this so I won't go into the details of it.



Packaging: It's definitely posh. The packaging has the understated practicality of a product that knows it's going to sell a lot of units. Fair enough - frills and fancies aren't going to get my face washed.

Smell: It treads the fine balance between that clinical, efficient smell and, well, being nice. It's not overpowering and the eucalyptus makes it smell clean.

Feel: It's nice and thick in consistency. As you rub it in it goes almost oily and spreads across the face really easily. I used more than the two squirts recommended as I didn't think the amount would cover me (my face isn't that big, honest!) and I'm still dubious it would to be honest.

Look: My skin was definitely smoother and less flaky. My spots (yeah, thanks hormones, I stopped being a teenager 12 years ago) weren't as ugly looking and the weird rough chin thing I had going on wasn't as obvious. After one wash! I've got good hopes for this.

After Use: My skin didn't feel tight and like it was about to completely flake off - bonus! It felt smooth and supple, which was nice.

Available: Widely available, £14.75 for a starter kit including cloths.


***

Day 2: So I wanted to have a good few days use under my belt before posting my review and I'm glad I waited to be honest! My skin has broken out in loads of spots, really hulking ones. Urgh. It could be that the cleanser is drawing all the crap out (is that how it works?), or it could be that it's crazy hormone week, or it could be the copious caketails and associated sugar I consumed yesterday...Anyway, my face is YUCK. It still feels smoother and more supple so hopefully this is a temporary blip and they'll go soon. Stay tuned...

***

Day 7: Spots still existing, but skin is less dry and like it's about to fall off my face.

Love or Bin: A tentative love. If the spots don't go I'll try something different when it run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment