Friday 19 July 2013

Ciaté Paint Pot Island Hopping


This is the latest nail polish to wing its way to me via Glossybox, which had a seaside theme this month. As this polish is called Island Hopping, that's very theme appropriate and the colour does bring to mind Jamaica and balmy evenings with rum. I imagine. I've got 2 kids in Manchester so the best I get is a cup of tea and only a light drizzle.

Packaging: More like the nail varnish of old, not like the uber-slick Nails Inc. A nice sized bottle but the bow is a bit, um, naff. 

Smell: On the nicer end of the scale for nail polish.

Feel: This was a really easy polish to apply. It wasn't like I was dabbing on water like Nails Inc felt like but it was very smooth and spread where I needed it to go. Just the right consistency I reckon. Fast but not super fast drying.

Look:  The colour is actually a lot more orange and shimmery than the picture. It's not one I'd pick myself, but I'm really impressed with it. It could have been fine with one coat but I applied two and it's a really solid colour and the shimmer is really...er shimmery. It's a bold shimmer. Does that make sense? It's not chipped in the day it's been on, not even a little bit! Very impressed with it.

Available: £9 off their website

Love or Bin: Love! Will be trying other colours for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment